Anamorphic Lens Clamps
Anamorphic Lens Clamps
Anamorphic clamp kits for smaller to larger projection and shooting lenses from brands like Isco, Iscorama, Kowa, Sankor, Singer, Eiki, Panavision, Sun, Lomo, Bolex, Moller and many more.
Our 77mm and 72mm Front Filter Clamp works directly with the 77mm and 72mm SLR Magic Rangefinder allowing your dual-focus anamorphic lenses to achieve single-focus capability!!
PLEASE NOTE: ALL XL CLAMPS AND FRONT FILTER CLAMPS ARE ON BACK-ORDER AND WILL SHIP ON SEPTEMBER 28th
Our Clamp Kits give your Anamorphic lenses standard filter thread diameters sizes & allow you to lock in a proper horizontal alignment! Mount & properly align a wide variety of lenses to cameras like the Canon 5D, 7D, t2i, 550D, 600D, t3i, 60D, 70D, Nikon D90, D610, D800, GH3, Black Magic Cameras, Red Cameras, Digital Bolex, etc. and 35mm adapters.
Our Front Filter Clamps give your Anamorphic lens fronts standard sizes (77mm or 72mm) allowing you to mount filters like polarizers, Neutral Density, Fader ND, or other accessories like the Single-Focus Rangefinder from SLR Magic.
SELECT FROM THE FOLLOWING CLAMP KIT SETS:
- Basic Clamp Kit: Our most common and most popular clamp kit - for use on Anamorphic lenses that have back end base smaller than 57mm. Lenses like the Sankor, Singer, Eiki, Kowa 16 series, Kowa 8Z and 16H, certain Bell & Howell attachments, Sun, Proskar, etc. (Pictured in photos 1 - 2 above)
- Basic Clamp Kit (Narrow version): The same as the basic clamp kit with the 60mm base, 52mm and 58mm rings included, but this kit comes with a shallower base for use with Anamorphic lenses that have a narrow back end base. This is good for some of the Bolex-Moller 1.5x lenses, Smaller Delft Anamorphic lenses, etc. (Pictured in photos 7 - 8 above)
- XL Clamp Kit: This Clamp is for large Anamorphic attachment lenses that have a back-end base larger than 57mm in diameter but smaller than 81mm in diameter. The mounting thread size of this Clamp is a standard 77mm and includes a 72mm step-up ring giving you 2 sizes in 1 kit. To use the XL Clamp on SLR lenses with front thread sizes other than 77mm or 72mm, you'll need simple step-up or step-down rings found for a few dollars on ebay or in most camera shops. (Pictured in photos 3 - 4 above)
- Front Filter Clamp: (72mm or 77mm) For Anamorphic lenses with a FRONT diameter smaller than 74mm. It will give compatible Anamorphic lenses a front filter diameter of 72mm for mounting standard size filters which are a must! (Pictured in photos 5 - 6 above). Works directly with the 72mm SLR Magic Rangefinder allowing your dual-focus anamorphic lenses to achieve single-focus capability!
- XL Front Filter Clamp: (72mm) For Anamorphic lenses with a FRONT diameter smaller than 94mm (like the Larger Gold Isco lenses with 15ft min focus distance). It will give compatible Anamorphic lenses a front filter diameter of 72mm for mounting standard size filters which are a must! (Pictured in photos 6 - 7 above). Works directly with the 72mm SLR Magic Rangefinder allowing your dual-focus anamorphic lenses to achieve single-focus capability!
Q: Why choose Vid-Atlantic mounting clamp kits over another clamp brand?
A: As one of the 1st clamp developers, we've aimed to offer a simple and semi-universal system; a One-Kit-Fits-Most approach at a lower price.
There are other well developed and higher priced clamps available that are made for very specific Anamorphic lens to SLR lens combinations. This is great for an exact or definite setup, but can get very pricey for multiple lens setups. Our clamp kits will work with a wider variety of Anamorphic lens to SLR lens combinations than other clamp brands, making it more ideal for experimenting with various setups.
We've been copied by others (with higher price tags, less options, limited features and poor support). Our clamps include 2 standard size step-rings for mounting to various SLR lens fronts (52mm & 58mm for the Basic Clamp kit or 72mm & 77mm for the XL Clamp kit). We also provide 2 sets of (varying sized) metal fastener screws versus 1 set of nylon plastic screws which are known to fail and could compromise a secure fit.
Q: How does this Clamp work?
A: Our Clamp is assembled using a base tube with 3 to 4 fasteners drilled and tapped into the base to grip, hold, and lock the Anamorphic lens into position for focusing. For the Basic Clamp, we use a special step ring machined specifically for this clamp giving it standard 52mm and 58mm filter diameters making it possible to mount to a variety of photographic SLR lenses.
Our XL Clamp is made for larger Anamorphic Lenses that have a back-end diameter of 81mm or smaller. The mounting thread size is a standard 77mm size and includes a 72mm step-ring giving you 2 sizes in 1 kit.
The Front Filter Clamp will give your Anamorphic lens a front filter diameter threading size of 77mm or 72mm for mounting filters such as Close-Up Diopters, Polarizing and ND Fader filters which are a must.
Q: When working with most Anamorphic lenses, do you need to focus both lenses to focus on your subject?
A: Yes, in most cases unless you are lucky enough to find and Iscorama! If you must have that Anamorphic look and still must have rack focus or Run n Gun capabilities, please consider shooting along with the CineMorph Filter which can be found on our Vid-Atlantic website. It gives your DSLR image a nice Anamorphic Bokeh and great Lens Flares all-in-1 simple filter.
Q: Will this clamp work with the larger Anamorphic Projection Lenses?
A: No, most of those lenses are have a back end diameter larger than 57mm and you might want to stay away from those lenses in the first place to do their inability to focus on anything close than 15 to 50 feet away in some cases. No to mention the big lenses will rip the filter threading off of your SLR lens if not supported properly.
Q: Yeah, but if I use a diopter I can get closer focus with those types of lenses, correct?
A: Yes, but good luck finding a large quality diopter and say goodbye to infinite focus if you do find one.
Q: So what lenses do you recommend?
A: Smaller Compact Anamorphic and Cinemascope Attachments lens made for both taking and projection. Looks for Sankor, Singer, Eiki, Kowa, 16D, 16C, 16F, 16H, 8Z, 16m/m, Proskar, Sun, or if you find a lens but still aren't sure, send us a link or photo.
SHIPPING COSTS AND ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES:
USA Orders - apprx 2 to 5 Days: Free (No charge for all US shipments)
Please purchase the Express option here for faster US Shipping.
International 1st Class - apprx 1 to 3 weeks: $6 USD apprx
International Priority - apprx 1 to 3 weeks: $32 USD apprx
International Express - apprx 1 week or less: $53 USD apprx
*Please Note: These are apprx delivery time estimates and costs. Different regions around the world will vary. Accurate costs will be displayed at the checkout page here on our site.